Thursday 21 November 2019

English IX - Chapter No.20 - Reference To Context (Prose Section)

Go To Index
THE SECRET OF SUCCESS


Text Book Name: Secondary Stage English Book One For Class IX

Explain With Reference To Context (Prose)

1. "Sir! I have come a long way to find out answers to three questions. What is the most important time to start some work? What is the most important work to do? Who is the most important person? Would you kindly help me by giving answers to these questions?"
(i) Name both the speakers and the lesson.
(ii) Why did the speaker want to know the answers to his three questions? 
(iii) What is the moral of the lesson "The Secret Of Success"? 
Ans:
(i) These lines has been spoken by King to the Saint and are taken from the lesson " The Secret of Success."
(ii) The king was in search of the secret of success. The king thought if he could find out the answers to three questions, he would discover this secret and never fail. He announced a reward of 5,000 gold coins for the man could give correct answer.
(iii) The moral of the lesson: "The most important time for doing anything is the present; the most important work is what we are doing now, and the most important person is the one whom we are with at the moment."

2.  "Sir! you look tired, let me dig the ground for you."
(i) Name both the speakers and the lesson.
(ii)
(iii)
Ans:
(i) These lines has been spoken by King to the Saint and are taken from the lesson " The Secret of Success."
(ii)
(iii)

3. ."Let me dig now".
(i) Name both the speakers and the lesson.
(ii) 
(iii)
Ans:
(i) These lines has been spoken by King to the Saint and are taken from the lesson " The Secret of Success."
(ii)
(iii)

4. "Could you please, let me know the answers now?"
(i) Name both the speakers and the lesson.
(ii) What were the three questions asked by the speaker?
(iii)
Ans:
(i) These lines has been spoken by King to the Saint and are taken from the lesson " The Secret of Success."
(ii) These were the three questions the king asked:
(a) What is the most important time to start some work?
(b) What is the most important work to do?
(c) Who is the most important person?
(iii)

5. "How do you feel now?"
(i) Name both the speakers and the lesson.
(ii) Why did speaker ask this?
(iii) What could have happened if the speaker had returned earlier from the saint's hut?
Ans:
(i) These lines has been spoken by King to the Breaded man and are taken from the lesson " The Secret of Success."
(ii) The bearded man would kill the king if he had returned earlier from the saint's hut.
(iii)  The breaded man came to kill the King but injured himself. King put bandage on his wounds and next morning King asked him about his wound.

6. "I feel better, thanks to Your Majesty. Forgive me, I came here to kill you, because you had got my brother killed. I became your bitter enemy out of grief. I was hiding and waiting for your return. As you did not return I came out of my hiding place. Your servants saw me and recognized me. They wounded me seriously but I escaped. Had you not cared for me I would have been dead, I thank you, Now, count me as one of your most faithful servants".
(i) Name both the speakers and the lesson.
(ii) Why did the bearded man want to kill the king?
(iii) What happened to bearded man?
Ans:
(i) These lines has been spoken by Bearded man to the King and are taken from the lesson " The Secret of Success."
(ii) The bearded man wanted to kill the king because he had got his brother killed.
(iii) He kept in hiding for the return of the king. As the king did not return, he came out of the hiding and was wounded by the king's servants.

7.  "You have already been answered. The most important time was when you wanted to help me; the most important work was the digging of the ground; and I was the most important person for you. Had. it not been so, you would have returned and been killed. The second time, the most important person was the bearded man and the most important work was dressing his wound. Had it not been so you would not have won a faithful servant You are very fortunate"
(i) Name both the speakers and the lesson.
(ii)
(iii)
Ans:
(i) These lines has been spoken by King to the Saint and are taken from the lesson " The Secret of Success."
(ii)
(iii)

The moral of the lesson "The Secret of Success" 
is the most important time for doing any thing is the present. The most important work is what we are doing. The most important person is the one whom we with at the moment.



No comments:

Post a Comment