Sunday 3 July 2022

Unit-1 - Contributions Of Notable Leaders - Reading Comprehension - The Voice Of God (Poem) - MCQs and Fill In the Blanks - Made By Sir Syed Ali (Education Center-Youtube Channel)

Go To Index
Unit-1 - Contributions Of Notable Leaders
Reading Comprehension
The Voice Of God (Poem)
English For Class X (2022 and Onward

MCQs and Fill In the Blanks

MADE BY SIR SYED ALI
EDUCATION CENTRE
(PLEASE SUBSCRIBE YouTube CHANNEL)

POEM : THE VOICE OF GOD
Poet : Louis Israel Newman.
Poem type : Religious.


Q: Choose the appropriate answer for each from the given options:
1- The poem Voice of God is written by ___________.
a- Louis I. Newman
b- Julia Carney
c- Robert Louis Stevenson
d- Ralph Waldo Emerson

2- Louis I. Newman lectured at:
a- Brown University
b- Columbia University
c- Harvard University
d- Blue Heaven University

3- By profession, Louis I. Newman was a/an:
a- Engineer
b- Lawyer
c- Businessman
d- Lecturer

4- Louis I. Newman was born on ________ year.
a- 1891
b- 1892
c- 1893
d- 1894

5- Louis I. Newman was died on _______ year.
a- 1970
b- 1971
c- 1972
d- 1973

6- Louis I. Newman was died at the age of:
a- 70
b- 79
c- 80
d- 91

7- Louis I. Newman is the author of Many books on __________ subjects.
a- Religious
b- Atheistic
c- English
d- None of these

8- In poem, The Voice of God the word I in first line give us reference to:
a- Poet
b- God
c- Fellow beings
d- None of these

9- Louis I. Newman completed the degree of __________ from ___________ .
a- Engineering , Columbia university
b- Doctorate , Brown University
c- M.Phil , Harvard university
d- M.A , blue heaven university

10- The message of the poem The Voice of God is:
a- Service to people is worship to God
b- Help needy people
c- Serving the suffering humanity
d- All of these.

11- Sought is the second form of _________.
a- See
b- Seek
c- Search
d- Sight

12- The synonyms of topmost is ________.
a- Bottom
b- Uppermost
c- Ground
d- Nearest

13- ___________ is the topmost part of a religious building.
a- Minaret
b- Tower
c- Steeple
d- Spire

14- The poem The voice of God based on ________ lines.
a- 2
b- 3
c- 4
d- 6

15- In the poem , The voice of God the word I in fourth line give us reference to:
a- Poet
b- God
c- People’s
d- None of these.

16- I ______ to hear the voice of God,
And climbed the ____________,
But God declared: “ Go ______ again,
I _______ among the people.

a- Sought, topmost steeple, back, dwell
b- Seek, uppermost tower, down , live
c- Sought , topmost steeple , down , live
d- Sought , topmost steeple, down , dwell

17- Louis I. Newman was an inhabitant of:
a- London
b- Providence Rhode Island (USA)
c- New York
d- Holland


More MCQs


1. The poet of the poem "The Voice of God" was ________ .
a. Felicia Dorothea Hemans
b. Anonymous
c. Louis I. Newman
d. Thomas Moore

2. Louis I. Newman was a __________ by profession.
a. Teacher
b. Lecturer
c. Painter
d. Poet

3. The poet had a/an _______ bent of mind.
a. Religious
b. Philosopher
c. Artistic
4. Scholarly

4. Louis I. Newman was a/an _______ poet.
a. English
b. Australian
c. American
d. Scottish

5. Louis I. Newman was born in ____.
a. 1893
b 1972
c. 1894
d. 1973

6. Louis I. Newman was died in ____.
a. 1893
b 1972
c. 1894
d. 1973

7. Louis I. Newman lectured at ____.
a. Oxford
b Washington
c. Wyoming
d. Columbia

8. The tallest part of a religious building is called:
a. Minaret
b. Steeple
c. Tower
d. Dome

9. "I ________  to hear the voice of God, And climbed the top most steeple,"
a. tried
b. managed
c. sought
d. strived

10. "But God declared: Go down again, I _____ among the people."
a. am present
b. live
c. am found
d. dwell

11. Louis I Newman has written the poem:
a. Speak gently
b. King Bruce and Spider
c. The voice of God
d. The Minstrel Boy

12. The bent of mind of the poet was:
a. religious
b. philosophic
c. artistics
d. scholarly

13. The poet climbed a:
a. mountain
b. tree
c. tower
d. steeple

14. God declared:
a. 'go down again'
b. 'Pray'
c. 'Jump at once'
d. 'stay'

15. God dwells among:
a. stars
b. the people
c. none
d. angels

16. The poem "The voice of God" is a:
a. Philosophical poem
b. historical poem
c. religious poem
d. romantics

17. The poem " The voice of God" teaches to:
a. isolate from the people
b. nothing
c. tie with the people
d. look around

18. The bent of mind of the poet was:
a. Religious
b. Philosophic
c. Artistic
d. Scholarly

Fill In the Blanks:

1. This poem has written by Louis I. Newman.
2. The poet wanted to hear the voice of God so he climbed the topmost steeple.
3. God declared that He dwells among the people.
4. The dwell means to live.
5. The word steeple means the tower.
6." I dwell among the people". Here the word "I" stands for God.
7. In this poem the poet says that God lives among the people.


No comments:

Post a Comment